Update: Livestream info
Want to catch up with the celebration service? Watch the recording of the livestream:
Download a copy of the Order of Service, to follow along:
You are warmly invited to our:
At this service, Bishop Cherry will issue the decree which will legally constitute the new Ministry Area, uniting our East Cardiff parishes. She will also formally commission our Ministry Team.
The hall at St Teilo’s has been chosen because it has a large safe capacity, even with proper Covid measures in place. We would love as many people as possible from across our churches to join us, showing your support and enthusiasm for the beginning of this new chapter together.
The following Sunday, please also join us for our:
Inaugural Vestry Meeting
Sunday 6th February 4.00pm
at St Augustine’s Church, Rumney
At this inaugural East Cardiff Vestry Meeting, our first Ministry Area Council representatives will be elected, and new Ministry Area wardens appointed.
- Ministry Area Council — Two representatives will be elected from each church. Please ensure your local congregation makes at least two nominations, so that you are properly represented when important decisions are made.
- Ministry Area People’s Warden — Two new Ministry Area wardens will also be appointed, one by myself as Ministry Area Leader and one elected by you. If you believe someone in your Church would make a good Ministry Area warden, please do nominate them for this role.
To make a nomination, you should:
- Ask the person whether they would be happy to be nominated.
- Find another church member to ‘second’ your nomination.
- Complete and sign a nomination form together in Church and return to your Church Wardens. Alternatively, make your nomination via email to: email@example.com.
Yours in Christ
The Revd James Henley,
Ministry Area Leader Designate